Monday, September 19, 2011

Eat Healthy. Work Out. Be Skinny.

 I want to lose 20 lbs. I don't want to lose 20 lbs in 2 months. I want to lose 20 lbs in 20 days! Can it be done. I think so. But we shall see. I have been eating a lot healthier these past few weeks. I haven't eaten bad or had fast food, candy, soda etc. and it really feels sooo sooo good. In fact TODAY I ate fast food which included a soda and an ice cream annnnd... I feel so ew. So I threw away my meal before I even got half way done and decided.. nope, not for me. I want to stay healthy. And then I decided to write a post on it. Before I had Mariah I was a huge yo yo dieter. I was also big on running. I started running in junior high. I would run around my parents subdivision and I was on the cross country / track team. The couple years right befor I had Mariah I would jump on the treadmill and run 7 miles in an hour. I have always wanted to do a marathon. I remember going to the gym with my dad as a kid and HE would run 7 miles. Okay so yeah... I love running. I want to be a healthy mom and wife. I gained 60 lbs with Mariah. SIXTY POUNDS. Yeah, I just admitted that. I couldn't breast feed so I lost the initial 20 in the first few weeks and then slowly lost 20 more... then gained 20 back... and then lost it again. Oh the fun. Now I have 20 lbs to go until I hit my pre baby weight. And I am sooo ready to say goodbye to it FOREVER. I will never be chubby again in my life. Ew. I HATE being chubby. I don't mind chubby people :) but I do NOT do chubby. good. at. all. I even hate the word. K so here is my whole point. I am going to blog all 20 days of my diet. I know pretty much everyone wishes they could lose a few lbs or be better at working out. Except for those annoying skinny ones who are like.. "oh you're trying to lose weight hmm I wish I could gain some." "Cool, anyways..."

Day one - this is my plan....
1 gallon of water - 6 apples ( thanks em :) )
Why so crazy? Because like I said up there.. I ate junk today and feel EW.

Work out - 2 miles working on speed. I currently run at 6.5 pace and for the last 2 minutes I up my speed to a 7. I also peek at all the skinny girls who are running and they are running at 7 like the whole time so that is what I am working on... getting out of the 6's.
STRETCH. So important. Stretching to me is like half my improvement abilities. Especially since I have had shin splints for months now and they are still bugging me.
More cardio - I like to jump on the stairs for some extra cals - I do the Fat Burn at level 8 anywhere from 5 - 30 minutes depending on my energy level.
Weights lifting - Legs. I do one legged squats holding 8 lbs. dumbbells. I also do the hip abduction both directions and the leg lift machines.

I should look like this in no time. ( 100% lying. I don't think I could ever look like that. But a girl can dream.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Keep your head up you can do it! Remember though LOOSING WEIGHT DOES NOT TAKE PLACE AT THE GYM, ITS YOUR PLATE! Seriously I am a health major but defiantly not an expert, but one thing I have learned (I had to loose 10lbs cuz of all the holiday fat I gained last winter before we went on our cruise) is it is all about what you eat. You can do it, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you girl, I want to lose 20 too! I am starting to do smaller portions and of course exercise. My goal is to start running 3 miles a day and work up to more. I am tired of being fluffy too! Not fun to shop anymore. Booo!

    ReplyDelete